Pages

Monday, July 31, 2017

AMBUSH! (A Theory build)

As I was doing PVP last night, I noticed something very exciting that I had to write this blog at 3am GMT+8 right before I slept.

TL:DR
Ambush can be maximized and inflict more damage.

So, I was gathering tokens for the day to get that wolf tail from the PVP master but I noticed something.

My build and items were not that good, okay? So, I would miss on my sinx colleagues, sometime on Snipers, but would deal least damage (and probably be dead) on LKs. The class that I would deal most damage would be on a HighWizard or a HighPriest. But while I was playing, I realized and theory-crafted something.. Something I haven't tested yet, but proves possible based on the data that I have.. So I Just want to share this and hope that somebody out there who, has zenny, can try.

I noticed the skill 'Ambush' (or 'Shadow Attack' or 'Back Stab'). We all know (at least all sinx) that this skill inflicts stun if you are in hide status.. but that stun status would not really apply IF your target has high stun-resistance. Believe me, I tried, but the stun doesnt really proc atleast 70% of the time. This could be based on the stats of the opponent, I am not sure but more probably, it is. The noticeable thing here was that, this skill does 3 hits and the stun status applies on the last hit.. Since the skill has that special attribute that it applies 100% damage when in hide status, it doesn't really affect the stun. This means, the stun ability mentioned on this skill is not 100% due to the stun-resistance built by the opponents status.

So, here are the information that I could somehow, confirm:

1. Stun from the skill Ambush can be resisted. It is not applied 100% like what it says on the skill info, but the skill damage hits 100% though.

2. If you use the skill Ambush while hiding, the damage applies but you won't be revealed (cancel hide) if the stun doesn't apply. - THIS HAS BEEN DEBUNKED. I've confirmed that if the skill hits, your hide will be cancelled but with a delay.

With the above information, I tried to analyze the runes that we have and may have concluded something significant AND worth trying. I am willing to try this myself but if someone out there who has the right skill levels and conditions, please do try.

Here are my theories:

1. Ambush can be deadly in PVP.

Since the skill does 100% damage if you are hiding, its supposed to multiply your damage by 2. This has been confirmed by my good friends in discord and below is a screenie from them:

Please note: Back Stab and Ambush is the same skill and that the above was used with a normal katar.



2. Ambush runes apply to final damage.

This has yet to be confirmed but I will try to get the runes for this skill. Below is the calculation to get the ambush runes.. they are cheap to get since they are very near. Not only that, if the above diagram is to be taken into consideration, then the calculation for Ambush damage should be:

250% (ambush skill dmg) * 2 (when hidden) + 30% total skill dmg

if simplified, should be 500% + 30% = 500% +  150% of  skill damage = total of 650%

























3. Ambush will work perfectly with stun runes.

As you know, there are 5 runes that add damage to stunned targets and since Ambush inflicts stun and once it does, the stun runes will deal additional damage to whatever skill you will use next. These runes add a total of 35% damage to stunned targets, not to mention that they are very near the above diagram as well. Take a look:



In case you're wondering, the above diagrams are from https://romelde.github.io/RuneBFS/#class/3.

Now, ambush can be used by any type of sinx. Regardless of your build, the runes can be applied on top of it, too. Below is the path that I might take, taking Double-Attack runes into consideration. You can copy it if you are a DagSin but if you're a CritSin, you might need to generate your own:




















I hope these information become helpful to you. I hope it inspired you to try Ambush, and if you did, please place a comment below or lets talk about it in discord. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts