Pages

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

How to copy Ragnarok Online Mobile from phone to Remix OS Laptop

I'm a cheap player so I tend to find various ways just to save up on all resources but still play my mobile game. Right after I installed Remix OS on my laptop, I knew I had to download ROm again which would mean, another Gig or more of data from my allocation. But since I'm a cheap-o kind of enthusiast, I tried copying the game from my mobile to the laptop which costs almost no data allocation at all.

Since you turned your laptop into an Android device (sort of), you might think you could just transfer the game and it's data from your phone into it using a file sharing app called ShareIt. Unfortunately, it can't. I don't think all laptops have the hotspot capability and since ShareIt basically uses a devices' hotspot to let the other device connect to it and then transfer the data, it couldn't really work with Remix OS.

So, I tried my best to find a solution to my issue. And here's how I did it:

Either if you installed Remix OS side-by-side with Windows or installed it at another partition, you sure have enabled dual-boot. This means everytime you turn your laptop on, it asks you which OS to run. Now if you do, follow the next steps:

1. Reboot your laptop and on the OS selector, choose Windows.

2. Download Shareit on your computer and install it. Here's the official link: http://www.ushareit.com/en/

3. Share the Ragnarok Online Mobile app from your phone to your laptop using ShareIt. Please don't ask me how, just click on 'Share to PC' on the app in your mobile phone then follow the instructions. Come on, don't be too stubborn.

3.1 You could also share the data folder of Ragnarok together with its installer using ShareIt, just navigate to android/data/ and share the folder named com.ro.xd.apk

Note: In case you're wondering why not use this pc version of ShareIt on Remix OS to share the file, it can't be installed since Remix OS' language is Android and Windows is, well, Windows. lol.

4. Step 3.1 didn't actually work for me, the transfer got stuck on 98% and never got finished. So.. plug your mobile phone and make sure it is detected by Windows. If not, you might need to install it's drivers, manually enable file transfer on the phone (prompted), or borrow another usb cord from whoever sits next to you.

5. On Windows, navigate to your phone's internal storage and look for android/data. Find the folder named com.ro.xd.apk and copy it to your computer. I'd suggest saving the file on either the downloads folder or the desktop, whichever works for you best.

5.1 Grab some snacks, it could take a while.

6. Reboot your computer and run Remix OS. Open the default file explorer then find the RO mobile installer and the com.ro.xd.apk folder. Copy them to your Remix OS storage location.

7. Install RO mobile. Once done, don't open it yet. Copy the folder com.ro.xd.apk into the Remix OS storage location android/data.

8. Now you can open RO mobile. If the game is updated on your mobile phone before you started this tutorial, then the game should just run without downloading anything. Otherwise, it will.

5 comments:

  1. Sir I've installed remix os in my laptop and playing ROM also.. I have a question.. do you have an issue regarding on mouse?

    My touchpad working well but i cant use my mouse.. it is usb bluetooth mouse logitech.

    Ps. My mouse working well in windows os.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,

      Im not sure if you received my email when I replied to this comment of yours but.. as I have said, your mouse could be unsupported since the bluetooth functionality of Remix OS is tailored for Mobile devices and not for Windows and/or other Desktop OS.

      Hope this info helps.

      Delete
  2. bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I’ll certainly comeback playnow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Working on mobile to pc? Noob question sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts