Pages

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Fast Emulator for Ragnarok Mobile

So, you play Ragnarok Mobile on your phone but it heats up so easily and gets the battery drained like water in the sink. You have the option to play on emulators which some, by the way, are promoted by XD's website themselves BUT you only have an old laptop or desktop that you don't think can run such emulators without any decent graphics card or memory.

You might want to rethink that idea because with my own experience, I was surprised with one emulator running seamlessly on my slow laptop. Take note: my laptop only has a built-in graphics card.
Can't believe it? See for yourself. My laptop is an Asus X453MA (with Bing). Look it up on Google if you want but quick specs will be:

Processor:                 Intel® Bay Trail-M Dual Core Celeron N2830 2.16GHz
RAM:                       2GB DDR3
Display:                    14.0" Auto HD (1366x768)
Storage:                    500GB HDD 5400 RPM 
Battery:                     2Cells 30 Whrs


Again, this thing has no GPU but comes with an integrated graphics card from Intel which doesn't really do much but to generate the display on the LCD. This comes pre-installed with Windows 8 with BING but I recently upgraded it to Windows 10 Home edition because it comes free with the license it came with. Now, imagine how slow this laptop is, even if Microsoft claims Windows 10 runs smoother and faster with lower resources or memory compared to Windows 8. Yeah, maybe a bit. You know when you have an old desktop and still running Xp for 8 yrs then you decided to reformat it and give it an upgrade to Windows 7? Looks and feels like its brand new cause its fast and all but after you install all your apps on it you start to realize it ran faster before you upgraded it. That's exactly how I felt when I upgraded to Windows 10.

Now, what did I do? I upgraded the RAM to 8Gig.

The upgrade was worth it. It made the laptop snappy, opening apps quickly, booting up faster, even! So, it gave me hope to run emulators and finally relieve my phone from my gaming torture.

I WAS WRONG.

I have installed KOPLAYER and NOX before I upgraded to Windows 10. The upgraded didn't really wipe my laptop but just installed Windows 10 on top of Windows 8 that's why the apps stayed. I tried to run these two (separate instance, of course) but still they can't run ROM properly. Both ran the game so slow that it's like running the game in a Virtual Machine. This crushed my hopes of playing ROM on it so I decided to find other ways.. I installed Remix OS on it. (see https://tipidgaming.blogspot.com/2017/03/ro-mobile-on-remix-os-old-laptop-new.html)

Yey! It works like a charm! So fast, so seamless! But, the downside to this is that it's unstable and it crashes, freezes. I've researched and the crashes and freezing seems like to be happening often on Asus Laptops.

Okay, I can play ROM on Remix OS but I always pray that it does not freeze because the freezing seems random, regardless of when I had turned the laptop on. The frequent crashing had led to corrupting the partition I created for Remix OS. This prompted me to reinstall Remix OS but it scared me that it might corrupt my whole HD! So, I tried emulators again to avoid killing my one and only laptop.

I went to Discord and asked around for any good and fast emulators that run on quad-core PCs. And Clo advised bluestacks.cn or Memu. I tried http://bluestacks.cn/ and I almost dropped as I can't believe what happened next.

At first I thought the emulator would lag while opening up ROM, that I would get chappy sounds and/or delayed display from the background music but NO. It was fast and fluid as if I was playing it on my phone. This did not put up my hopes though because I was skeptical that it might be on the login screen only so I decided to patch the game up and play. While the loading screen shows up the Poring running on the bottom of the screen, I quickly ran to the kitchen to get some water to drink then went back to the laptop and was ready to be disappointed.

But NO.

I can't believe my eyes as I was looking at the screen, seeing all the other players and even the NPCs moving with no lags nor delays as if being played on a mobile device. Then I tested the sound and there was no delay as well. I clicked around to move my character and a grin started to stretch on my face because the experience was unbelievable and I was excited that I can finally play safe knowing that my laptop wont be frozen anymore, risking to get corrupted and becoming an expensive piece of paper weight.


ANYWAYS.
I'll try to update this post with a video of how snappy bluestacks.cn is. I am not so sure if the developers of the original bluestacks is different from that of bluestacks.cn but I'm sacrificing my eyes for bleeding out of trying to choose or understand the options of bluestacks.cn but it's all worth it since it plays ROM so smooth that I can chat in discord, play a movie and/or browse the internet while playing ROM.

I hope you guys find this review satisfying.

32 comments:

  1. bro could you please tell me what seems to be the problem with my installation, i installed remix os and ran perfectly. but when i installed RO Mobile on it, it doesn't pass the patch screen and says that i have not enough space to patch? Been looking for workarounds, btw my partition has around 100gb. so I'm really unsure what's wrong with it. or what have i done wrong to make it not run.
    my os is windows 10 as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. while settings up Remix OS, it should ask you how much internal storage you want for it. depending on the system you, sometimes it can offer upto 32Gig of internal space. So, the minimum requirement for the partition should atleast be 40-50Gig only. As the installation defines how much internal memory your android envrionment (Remix OS) will have.

      Delete
    2. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i’ve been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share. android-emulatoren.com

      Delete
  2. can i see bluestack cn setting ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ask ko lang bakit kaya lag ang ragnarok ko sa koplayer? Paano maaalis ang lag at ano pwde solution? Salamat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!

      Usually dahil kulang sa RAM ng pc yan. try mo tweak ang settings ng KOplayer to use lower frame rates (FPS) or lower resolution. Also, try mo alisin ung other characters sa view ng Ragnarok mu pra d din gano ma stress ung emulator (KOplayer) mo..

      Delete
  4. boos ung nilagay mong link sa bluestacks chinese version tlga xa?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Pro, for SEA, I think you can try the english version of bluestacks.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. wala nako nka install na bluestacks.cn eh pro it was something like:

      screen: tablet mode (1280x780?)
      core: 2 cores (if mtaas RAM ng pc mo like 16G, pde ka mag 1Core lang)

      Delete
    2. naglalaro ka pa rin boss ng ragna? ano na gamit mong emulator ngayon ?

      Delete
    3. Yes pro casual nlng and sa phone nlng ako naglalaro. If emulator, nox and bluestacks are still the best options.

      XD however, has a dedicated link for pc veversion of Ragnarok mobile but it is actually Mumu with preinstalled ragnarok m. Ok dn nmn si mumu, my friend uses it.

      Delete
  6. Boss ang ganitong Laptop pwede?

    Manufacturer: LENOVO
    System Model: 80G0
    Bios: InsydeH20 Version
    Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N2830 @ 2.16GHz (2CPU`s)
    Memory: 2048MB RAM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok boss na try ko na sobrang Choppy :(

      Delete
    2. try REMIX OS. If you know how to install an operating system on your laptop, follow the instructions here: https://tipidgaming.blogspot.com/2017/03/ro-mobile-on-remix-os-old-laptop-new.html

      If ndi msyado maalan, better reserach muna sa youtube how to perform the said tasks.

      Delete
  7. mas iwas lag po ba kapag yung 540p yung ginamit ko instead of default sa resolution?

    ReplyDelete
  8. boss gud eve,, need your help,, i'm using Nox Player, i installed ragna eternal love, pero everytime na i click ko na si ragna, parang walang nangyayari,,di sya nagana,, any tips? solution u can gave me?

    BTW, my laptop specs:
    Acer Aspire 4743
    Core i5
    4GB RAM

    kaya ba ng system ko?

    na try ko na mga fix tips sa google, wala ganun parin,,, sana my solution pa..

    thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. try mo palitan settings ng nox brad. ung core settings, ram, etc.

      Delete
  9. dude, i tried to installed it yesterday, and it came pop up at the begining something like blablabla 2G blabla, I dont understand it bcz it chinese

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you share a screenshot please? or send it to me via facebook: fb.com/tipidgaming thanks!

      Delete
  10. i3 7th gen 8gb ram 1050 gpu, kaya po ba i run ng smooth ang rom using nox emu???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gumagana lo ba to huawei nova 2 lite

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi goodmorning ask lng kasi smooth lng talaga saken simula nung una kong gamit sa mumu emulator pero simula kahapon hanggang ngayon nag lalag na ang ROM ko bakit kaya ganun??? di ko tlga alam eh smooth naman ibang ginagamit kong apps.

    Eto specs laptop ko
    Dell inspiron i5 @ 1.8Ghz tapos 6 GB RAM

    ReplyDelete
  13. bluestack4 issue, hindi po ako mka log in s ragnarok eternal love, ni walang loading bgla nagddisconect after 10 seconds click s apps. help me po..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Using ASUS K53E

    User friendly ang BlueStacks 4. Upgraded my system to 8 GB RAM and SSD.

    Sa SSD upgrade smooth ang BlueStacks 4 playing Ragnarok M Eternal Love.

    Update:

    Crashes a few times but wth, nanunuod ako sa youtube and FB pa

    ReplyDelete
  15. anyone here having problem i downloaded bluestack cn on the first day its very smooth 60fps but on the next day its so laggy any idea about this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,

      It is weird that it behaved like that. Could be something running in the background - you might want to check your anti-virus if it has a scheduled run or any other software that does the same.

      If not, try clearing the cache for BS CN. Check youtube/website for the info..

      Delete

Popular Posts